- Workshops for counsellors & other professionals who work or want to work with adolescents
- Teenage Counselling is an exciting provider based in the North West.
- Our aim is to offer a range of accessible and reasonably priced workshops that provide practical and innovative techniques & explore current thought & theory
- All our courses include – easy to reach venue, free parking & excellent buffet lunch
All the workshop's are £99 + VAT or £130 + VAT (if invoicing)
Reductions are available for multiple and group bookings.
Workshop Benefits - Who Can Attend - Training Dates - How To Book
At Teenage Counselling we believe whole-heartedly in the importance and effectiveness of counselling adolescents - it is all we do! We believe that counselling can offer young people a meaningful, honest non-judgemental, respectful and confidential relationship when sometimes they don't have one anywhere else. We believe it can offer them encouragement, guidance, information, support and advocacy, all of which are crucial to the healthy development of young people. The therapeutic balance is difficult with young people and sometimes you only get one chance - that is why we also believe that the quality of training and supervision that underpins this work is also vital to it's success.
Message from the director
Hello and welcome to teenage counselling - a training subsidiary of JFCC, a counselling consultancy which places counsellors in educational settings, established in 2000. My background is a degree in educational studies and more than 20 years experience as a youth and community worker, school counsellor and running a private practice, specialising in supervision for counsellors working with teenagers.
Teenage Counselling is an exciting new venture which aims to provide short bursts of training for qualified counsellors, student counsellors, mentors, support workers, youth and community and Connexions workers; indeed any professional working or hoping to work with adolescents.
These workshops grew out of our own in-house training provision at JFCC, when we decided we wanted to share our experience, expertise, knowledge and relaxed networking style of training with a wider audience. We have what we believe are some unique features to provision and we hope you will appreciate them:
- All are workshops are based in the North West - so no costly and time-consuming travel or overnight stays.
- We really get to know our venue provider - so we guarantee free parking, excellent lunches, disabled and loop provision and friendly and accessible staff.
- We aim to create an easy-going atmosphere - a genuine opportunity to absorb and explore current issues. We know you are already informed and experienced and we want to enhance that, not either bombard you with fast-paced note-taking information nor leave you feeling "Well there was nothing new there". Rather we believe that there is a balance which consists of opportunities throughout the day to share and network, find out about a current theory, explore your own personal attitudes to the topic, and learnt relevant tips. We work very hard to get that balance right.
- In addition we keep our numbers low, so no huge seminar rooms and sheep-like delivery. Workshops are personal, we believe they have to be to have an impact.
- We also aim to keep our prices as reasonable as possible, you will notice that the cost to a self paying individual is much less than an invoicing organisation, and we also offer substantial reductions for multiple and group bookings.
I sincerely hope you consider attending one (or several) of our workshops, as I said we are a new venture and as such we are keen to be shaped by you - give us your input and thoughts and we will genuinely respond - remember working with teenagers, parents, and the professionals working with them is all we have done for 20 years. We really know stuff. Thank you for your interest.
“Excellent workshop, well paced and humorous, Loved the exercises and will definitely use in practice. – Bereavement & Loss June 2008
“Very Friendly, approachable, welcoming and useful”. – Bullying Workshop June 2008
“Great informative day, lots covered & Great Trainers also!” – Eating Disorders June 2008
“Super course, plenty of materials to use straight away with own students. We got so much really good stuff in the time we were there not like other trainers who are quick to pack things up” - Sand play therapy – July 2008
“Thanks so much, an Inspirational Day” - Self Esteem June 07